City of Maple Valley
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department seeks to hire a Youth Tennis Instructor for the 2021 Summer Season at beautiful Lake Wilderness Park. Under the direction of the Recreation Manager this position will provide instruction of youth tennis lessons and may perform other recreation duties as assigned.
Among other job responsibilities, this position will:
• Perform the duties of the assignment (Instruct Youth Beginning Tennis Lessons)
• Under the supervision and approval of the Recreation Manager, organizes and supervises tennis programs for the city
• Interacts with program participants in such a way as to promote good citizenship, sportsmanship and safety, using department approved discipline when appropriate
• Coordinates as necessary with participants, parents, park neighbors, school district personnel and the general public regarding program operations (Youth Tennis Lessons require phone communication with the parents of the participants)
• Provides lead direction and training to other staff, creating an effective team
• With the Recreation Manager schedules staff working hours to cover youth lessons
• Maintains records including timesheets, weekly attendance reports, pandemic sheets, volunteer registrations, accident reports etc.
• Assists other staff and performs other duties as assigned including special events
Education, Experience & Special Requirements:
(Please view the full job description for a complete list)
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Current First Aid/CPR certification required
• Ability to implement quality tennis instruction required
• Ability to work positively with various age groups, particularly youth and older adults
• Minimum 1 year of tennis instruction experience preferred
• Ability to work the complete season and attend all staff meetings; i.e. orientation, etc. preferred
The work hours for this position can vary from week to week and will involve weekdays, evenings, weekends, holiday hours and, at times, may require a split shift. The schedule will be sporadic, depending on seasonal needs but will be less than 5 months per year. This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for overtime compensation. $16.00 – $23.00 per hour, DOE.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment must be submitted. Applications may be submitted through the website. If you require an application and full job description to be sent to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment.