City of Maple Valley
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department seeks to hire a Temporary Wilderness Adventure Camp Manager for the 2021 summer season. Under the direction of the Recreation Manager, the Wilderness Adventure Camp Manager will supervise all Wilderness Adventure Camp staff and activities for the summer season.
Among other job responsibilities, this position will:
• Manage all aspects of the Wilderness Adventure Camp
• Develop and direct day camp programs and activities for up to 20 participants (12-15 years old)
• Supervise and lead campers through Wilderness Adventure Camp activities such as biking, hiking, rock climbing, water activities, camping skills games and sports
• Purchases supplies needed for recreation programs using proper City purchasing policies
• Inventories all program supplies and equipment before and after the season
• Provides lead direction and training to camp staff, creating an effective program team
• Under the direction/oversight of the Recreation Manager participates in the hiring process, including application reviews, interviews, hiring paperwork, training, daily supervision and work schedules
• Maintains records including timesheets, weekly attendance reports, pandemic forms, volunteer registrations, camper records and accident reports etc.
• Establishes and maintains good public relations with staff, visiting public and contractors
• Provides lead direction and training to Recreation Leader I’s and II’s and volunteers as needed
• Works with and coordinates with other recreation programs and staff as needed
Education, Experience & Special Requirements:
(Please view the full job description for a complete list)
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Minimum of one Year of experience with planning, coordination and implementation of programs in an outdoor adventure recreation setting.
• Possess a current First Aid/CPR certification before camp begins Wilderness First Aid desirable
• High School Diploma or equivalent; Some college coursework preferred
• Lead experience with teenage youth recreation and or education programs
• Wilderness survival training, Eagle Scout, lifeguarding and/or watercraft safety training preferred
• Available to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings, weekends and split shifts
The work hours for this position can vary from week to week and will involve weekdays, evenings, weekends, holiday hours and, at times, may require a split shift. The schedule will be sporadic, depending on seasonal needs but will be less than 5 months per year. This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for overtime compensation. $18.00 – $24.00 per hour, DOE.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment must be submitted. Applications may be submitted through the website. If you require an application and full job description to be sent to you, please email email@example.com
Position open until filled.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.