City of Maple Valley
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department seeks to hire a Temporary Sr. Wilderness Adventure Camp Leader for the 2021 Summer Season at beautiful Lake Wilderness Park. Under the direction of the Recreation Manager, this position is responsible for assisting the Wilderness Adventure Camp Manager with developing, supervising, and management of the Wilderness Adventure summer camp program and associated staff.
Among other job responsibilities, this position will:
• Assist with developing and directing day camp programs and activities for up to 20 (12 – 15 year old) participants
• Supervise and lead campers through Wilderness Adventure Camp activities such as biking, hiking, rock climbing, water activities, camping skills games and sports
• Assist with Planning coordinating, and confirming 3 field trips per week for campers including, admissions, bus scheduling, using proper staff to camper ratio of 10 -1
• Work with and coordinates with other recreation programs and staff as needed
• Participate in the hiring process, including application reviews, interviews, hiring paperwork, training, daily supervision and work schedules
• Assist with maintaining records including timesheets, weekly attendance reports, volunteer registrations, camper records and accident reports etc.
• Provide lead direction and training to Recreation Leader I’s and volunteers as needed
• Help with All City sponsored special events as needed including July 4th and Kids Festival
Education, Experience & Special Requirements:
(Please view the full job description for a complete list)
• Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
• Possess a current First Aid/CPR certification before camp begins required
• Wilderness First Aid desirable
• High School Diploma or Equivalent, and some college coursework preferred
• Lead experience with teenage youth recreation and or education programs preferred
• Minimum of one year of experience with planning, coordination and implementation of programs in an outdoor adventure recreation setting preferred
• Wilderness survival training, Eagle Scout, lifeguarding and/or water craft safety training preferred
• Available to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings, weekends and split shifts
The work hours for this position can vary from week to week and will involve weekdays, evenings, weekends, holiday hours and, at times, may require a split shift. The schedule will be sporadic, depending on seasonal needs but will be less than 5 months per year. This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for overtime compensation. $14.69 – $17.50 per hour, DOE.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment must be submitted. Applications may be submitted through the website. If you require an application and full job description to be sent to you, please email email@example.com
Position open until filled.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment.