Johnsons Home & Garden
Working under the supervision of the Floor Sales Manager as part of a team, the Floor Sales Associate/Equipment Mechanic is responsible for handling customer outdoor power equipment requests and inquiries, maintaining rental equipment, repairing Stihl and other equipment that may be brought in by customers. Responsibilities include excellent customer service, sales, equipment maintenance, knowledge on proper use of outdoor power equipment, and other duties as assigned by the store manager.
– Assist customers with inquiries regarding outdoor power equipment and pricing.
– Instruct customers on proper use of equipment.
– Communicate all possible equipment damage and or problems to the Floor Sales Manager and/or Corporate Officers
– Clean equipment using department approved methods.
– General cleaning including but not limited to: sweeping, moping, dusting and taking out the trash.
– Assist customers with loading and unloading equipment.
– Inspect and test incoming and outgoing equipment for damage and safety in order to maintain proper operation.
– Inspect and maintain equipment performance including but not limited to: changing belts, air filters, spark plugs, and filling fluids.
– Accurately complete equipment service tags.
– Counter duties including but not limited to: greeting customers, accepting payments, refunding deposits, opening and closing contracts, answering phones.
– Maintain a clean and safe work environment
– Responsible for maintaining and servicing all Stihl equipment.
– Conform to safety requirements and standards.
– Any other tasks as assigned from time to time.
– Successful completion of the Basic, Silver, and Gold Stihl training courses.
– Ability to provide outstanding customer service.
– Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
– Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to customers and associates.
– Ability to operate equipment necessary to perform job duties.
– Ability to multitask.
– Knowledge of basic arithmetic.
– Ability to work a full-time schedule including nights, Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays.
– Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills.
– Ability to lift 50 pounds.
– Must be 18 years of age or older.
Phone: (425) 432-3384