City of Maple Valley
The City of Maple Valley Public Works Department is currently accepting applications for multiple
Full-time, Temporary Public Works Maintenance Helpers for the 2022 Spring/Summer Season (less than 5 months).
Under the direction of the Infrastructure Maintenance Manager, this position:
• Uses hand tools, cleans and repairs catch basins, manholes, storm lines, retention/detention ponds, and vaults
• Performs vegetation control using hand, power, and riding machinery; application of chemicals to weeds, grass and insects
• Assists in planting, pruning and maintenance of trees, shrubs, and other vegetation, including planter beds/boxes and horticultural areas
• Operates maintenance and construction equipment, including but not limited to, backhoe, dump truck, power mowers (riding or walk-behind), and other
power and manual hand tools
• Assists in the cleanup of job sites
• Removes litter and debris from roadside, streams, and drainage facilities
Please review the full job description for a detailed list of job functions and qualifications.
Education, Experience & Special Requirements:
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• High School Graduation or Equivalent
• Valid First Aid Certificate, or the ability to obtain within one (1) month of employment
• Minimum one (1) year experience in a maintenance, repair or construction field preferred
The work hours for this position may include weekdays, evenings and weekends, depending on seasonal needs. This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for over-time compensation. $16.32 – $20.40 per hour, DOE.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment must be submitted. Applications may be submitted through the website with the link below. If you require an application and full job description to be sent to you, please email email@example.com
Positions open until filled. First Review of applications March 15, 2022
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to
creating a diverse environment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.