City of Maple Valley
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department is currently accepting applications for multiple Full Time, Temporary Parks Maintenance Helpers to work the 2021 summer season.
Under the direction of the Parks Operations Manager this position will perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled duties in the maintenance and repair of parks as assigned, including but not limited to:
• Operates parks maintenance equipment, including but not limited to, power mowers (riding or walk-behind), and other power and manual hand tools
• Assists park visitors with appropriate park use, including clarification of park rules and reservation policies
• Cleans picnic shelters, restrooms and stocks supplies
• Maintains vegetation using hand, power, and riding machinery; application of chemicals to weeds, grass and insects
• Assists in planting, pruning and maintenance of trees, shrubs, and other vegetation
• Assists in the set-up and breakdown of equipment for recreation events including stage, tents, tables, chairs and signage
• Performs routine maintenance and repair to equipment and vehicles including maintaining filters, hoses, fuel, oil and other fluid levels
Education, Experience & Special Requirements:
• Must be at least 18 years old
• High School graduation or equivalent
• Valid First Aid/CPR certification or ability to obtain within one month of employment
• One year experience in facility management, repair or construction field preferred
The work hours for this position may include weekdays, evenings, weekends or split-shifts depending on seasonal needs. This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for overtime compensation. $16.00-$20.00 per hour, DOE.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment must be submitted. Applications may be submitted through the website. If you require an application and full job description to be sent to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position open until filled.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.