Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce
Position: Chief Executive Officer
Salary: $58,000 — $65,000 DOE
Benefits: Potential Medical Benefits, Flexibility commensurate with demands, Professional Development, Cell Phone Allowance, Vacation and Sick Pay, Professional Association Membership.
Chamber Membership: 230
Chamber Budget: $165,000
Total Staff: CEO + 1
Population of Area Served: 60,000+
The CEO of the Maple Valley Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce will provide direction and leadership to fulfill the organization’s mission: The Greater Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce provides community leadership, advocates for business, advances economic vitality that enhances the general welfare of the area, and promotes our communities as great places to live, work, and play.
With guidance from the Board of Directors, the CEO directs and manages the day-to-day business and management of the organization. They coordinate and implement the many activities of the Chamber of Commerce. Working under the direction of policy and procedural guidelines of the Board of Directors and the Executive Committee, he or she coordinates and delegates the activities of committees, task forces and other group agendas as needed to accomplish goals and objectives which support the mission of the Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce.
As the CEO he or she will be called upon to represent the Chamber’s Board of Directors and Officers to the membership, outside individuals, public agencies and other officials, various organizations and groups, and any other stakeholders that represent the general welfare of the greater community while utilizing proven best practices of organizational management.
The qualities needed to accomplish the above require a hands-on, motivated individual with strong interpersonal communication skills within the organization as well as with external stakeholders.
- Experience in managerial positions, non-profit leadership, and/or advocacy preferred.
- Excellent at building and maintaining community partnerships.
- Comfort with multitasking and managing several ongoing projects.
- Familiarity with diverse business functions such as marketing, PR, finance, etc.
- An entrepreneurial mindset with outstanding organizational and leadership skills.
- Analytical abilities, conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and public speaking skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES:
- Capacity to identify, anticipate, and build strategic partnerships.
- Plan long term policies to achieve Chamber goals and ensures that policies adopted by the Board are properly interpreted and implemented in collaboration with the Board of Directors.
- Cultivates good relationships with governments and their elected officials and staff.
- Informs the Executive Committee and Board of Directors about member problems and community needs; presents recommendations on problems and issues faced by the Chamber.
- Serves as the organization’s chief spokesperson and primary advocate for the Chamber.
- Develops consistent and visible presence in the community.
- Leadership of South East Area Legislative Transportation Coalition (SEAL-TC).
- Attendance at occasional night meetings and weekend events is required.
Administration and Management
- Coordinates the activities of the Chamber committees with the Board of Directors.
- Oversees the preparation and distribution of annual budgets and monthly reports analyzing the progress of projects, programs and operations.
- Responsible for the management of the Chamber’s incubator offices. The Maple Valley Small Business Center is a partnership with the building owners, Maple Valley Center LLC.
- Manages all professional staff.
Marketing, Business Development and Events
- Oversees development, implementation and marketing of Chamber programs, services, events, and social platform.
- Responsible for assuring that the membership recruitment and retention plan is operational.
- Oversees all Chamber publications.
- Is the lead on all Chamber sponsored non-dues events and activities including a large community event.
- Other duties as may be required
Deadline: October 14, 2022
Send cover letter, resume and references to:
Maple Valley Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce
Attention: CEO Hiring Committee
23745 225th Way SE, Suite 205
Maple Valley, WA 98038