City of Maple Valley
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department seeks to hire multiple Temporary Lifeguards for the 2021 Summer Beach Season at beautiful Lake Wilderness Park. Under the supervision of the Beach Manager and guidance from the Sr. Lifeguard, Lifeguards will:
• Perform the duties of the assignment
• Enforce all beach and dock rules, regulations and emergency procedures
• Assist in the operation of the concession stand
• Assist with all aspects of the boat rental operations including putting the public on the boats/boards and explaining the rental rules and safety responsibilities
• Supports Day Camp staff, campers and programs as needed (to include boat rides and supervision of day campers using the lake)
• Assists with the Jr. Lifeguard Program as directed
• Prevents losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of rules, policy and procedures
• Opens, closes and secures the facilities as needed
• Supports Recreation, Police and other city staff as needed to address operational, repair and security issues
Education, Skills & Experience Requirements:
(Please visit maplevalleywa.gov and view the full job description for a complete list)
• Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
• Current Lifeguard certification by a nationally recognized lifeguard program (American Red Cross, Boy Scouts of America, USLA) required
• Current Health Care Provider CPR/AED certification required
• Advanced First Aid/First Responder or Rescue preferred
• Minimum of 1 year lifeguarding experience, past experience as a lifeguard in an open water setting preferred
• Boating/water vessel safety experience preferred
• Experience or certification in the field of Water Safety and Instruction preferred
The work hours for this position can vary from week to week and will involve weekdays, evenings, weekends, holiday hours and, at times, may require a split shift. The schedule will be sporadic, depending on seasonal needs but will last less than 5 months per year. This position is FLSA non-exempt and is eligible for over-time compensation. $14.69 – $17.50 per hour, DOE. Positions are Open until Filled.
Would you like to be a Lifeguard but you’re not certified? If hired, the City will reimburse you upon successful completion of your lifeguard certification course. Must have proof of certification before the summer season begins.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment must be submitted. Applications may be submitted through the website. If you require an application and full job description to be sent to you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Position is Open until Filled.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.