Future Ready - Connecting Tahoma Students with Jobs
The Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce is collaborating with the Tahoma School District in preparing students for the work place and to explore a wide variety of career paths.
- If you are student looking for a part-time job, take this quick survey first to evaluate your work-readiness. If after taking the survey, you believe yourself to be work-ready, explore the current Job Postings.
- If you are a business and have a job opportunity, please send the job posting information to email@example.com
Do your homework before applying for any job!
- Take a self-evaluation survey to determine your work-readiness and availability.
- Know the restrictions placed on teens under the age of 18 - see the information below.
- Know the name of the owner, general manager, and/or the contact person at the business in which you are applying.
- Know the position and job description for the job in which you are applying.
- Take your resume to a business you would like to work at even if it is not currently hiring; ask that your resume be kept on hand for future job opportunities.
- How to write a resume
- Enter the business alone; do not take a friend or relative with you and dress appropriately - first impressions are important.
Read more information from the State Of Washington Department of Labor & Industries
For Students: Current Job Postings
Resuming in the Fall of 2015 at Tahoma High School:
A job shadow is a great opportunity for THS seniors to learn more about a career and a chance to practice interacting with adults in a professional setting. If you are interested in hosting a Tahoma senior for a four hour job shadow, please click on the link below. Your contact information will be added to the THS Job Shadow Resource List. This list is monitored by the THS Career Counselor and is NOT made public to the students. Before giving your contact information to a student, the THS Career Counselor will screen the student to make sure he/she has an interest in your career area.
Career Spotlight Presentations
Business members who are passionate about their career are invited to do a 30 minute presentation at the high school. Please complete the Career Spotlight form below and you will be contacted during the school year to schedule a presentation date.
Recieve updates from Maple Valley COC.
Sep 23, 2017 - 9:00 am - 2:00 pmMaple Valley Farmers' Market
Sep 30, 2017 - 9:00 am - 2:00 pmMaple Valley Farmers' Market
Sep 30, 2017 - 9:00 am - 2:00 pmCommunity Emergency Preparedness Fair 2017
- View More Events
$50 for opening a Checking and Savings Account
$50 for opening a Loan Account
Visit your local BECU loaction to redeem this offer
26710 Maple Valley Black Diamond Rd SE
Maple Valley, WA 98038
Ask for Lucia or AJ
Use Promo Code: NETWORKING
Offers above connot be combined with any other offer. Limit one of each offer per member. Must be at least 18 years of age.