Vine Maple Place
Reports To: Executive Director (ED)
Supervises: Maintenance Staff and Volunteers
Key Relationships: All Staff
Effective Date: May 2021
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week (Monday-Friday), with some Saturdays and
Job Classification: Salary, Exempt
Compensation: $43,600 – $54,000, DOE; 401(k) plan; medical, dental & vision benefits;
PTO: vacation, personal time and sick time
Manage the day-to-day operations of facilities, property maintenance and custodial activities to
ensure functionality and safety compliance. Perform project coordination, improvement,
reorganization, and remodeling projects and resolution of related issues. Requires on-call for
response to emergencies.
This role is a foundational part of the success of vulnerable and homeless single parents reaching
their goal of self-sufficiency and stable housing while in the program.
Due to the homelessness crisis in King county, Vine Maple Place is expanding to serve more
families in need.
• Troubleshoot and respond to issues as needed regarding the operational aspects of all
VMP properties including offices and grounds, and 14 emergency shelter units.
• Purchase/order supplies, equipment, appliances or services to meet routine
maintenance/grounds needs and maintain Emergency Shelter unit requirements. Oversee
VMP Emergency Shelter unit turnover, providing support to Housing program team, for
• Work with Volunteer Coordinator to schedule pick-up and delivery of furniture. Maintain
inventory of items at warehouse. Build and recruit maintenance volunteer team to provide
support to all maintenance and delivery needs.
• Performs minor job-related, maintenance on equipment, company vehicles, furniture and
fixtures for the purpose of ensuring proper functioning of items.
• Perform monthly building and property audits to prioritize maintenance projects and capital
improvements. Manage preventative maintenance programs and calendar, working with
vendors as needed. Update ED on schedule of priorities, challenges, and seasonal plan.
• Responsible for preparation and documentation of safety codes and inspections. Ensures
that facilities comply with all local, county, and state code regulations.
• Assist with the development and implementation of procedures and processes, to ensure a
consistent approach to facilities management. Provides support in the design, review, and
specifications of construction and remodel projects.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the Vine Maple Place
Statement of Faith.
• Be passionate about helping families overcome the trauma of homelessness.
• Maintain an acceptable background check and ability to pass a drug test.
• Solid understanding of Vine Maple Place’s mission and strategic plan.
• Possess a valid driver’s license, safe driving record and proof of insurance.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational and project and time management skills.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to manage vendor contracts and volunteer teams.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. A combination of education and/or work experience which
indicates the ability to perform essential functions of the position would be considered.
• 4+ years of applicable experience in facilities or project management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Able to lift 50-75 lbs. and move heavy equipment/furniture.
• Proficient in Word, Excel, internet navigation and able to learn company applications.
• Possess broad-based, highly-developed knowledge of managerial and organizational skills,
with proven leadership and team-building capabilities.
• Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving ability. Able to work in a collaborative and
• Sensitivity to the needs of clients, staff and volunteers from diverse cultural and economic
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory
performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties,
responsibilities or requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Send all Inquiries, Resumes and Cover Letters to: Info@VineMaplePlace.org
Phone: (425) 432-2119