Vine Maple Place
FACILITIES MAINTENANCE SPECIALIST
Reports To: Facilities Manager
Location: Maple Valley & Kent
Key Relationships: Staff, Volunteers
Effective Date: July 2022
Hours: Full-time or Part-time positions, with some evening and weekend hours
Job Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Compensation: $21 – $24 per hour, DOE; 401(k) plan; Full-time 32hrs- medical, dental & vision benefits
PTO: vacation, personal time and sick time
This position works closely with the Facilities Manager on the day-to-day operations of facilities, performing property maintenance and custodial activities to ensure functionality and safety compliance. Perform general mechanical, plumbing, and electrical work, remodeling projects, and resolution of related issues. Requires periodic on-call for response to emergencies. Maintain building, family apartments, and landscaping in all common areas. Work with volunteers, contract workers and vendors. Maintain furniture warehouse and onsite storage sheds.
This role is a foundational part of the success of vulnerable and homeless single parents reaching their goal of self-sufficiency and stable housing while in the program. Due to the homelessness crisis in King county, Vine Maple Place (VMP) is expanding to serve more families in need.
• Troubleshoot and respond to issues as needed regarding the operational aspects of all VMP properties including offices and grounds, 14 emergency shelter units, furniture warehouse and storage sheds.
• Assist with VMP emergency shelter unit turnovers (plumbing, mechanical, moving in furniture), providing support to Housing program team, for client occupancy.
• Coordinate with Facilities Manager for pick-up and delivery of furniture. Maintain inventory of items at warehouse. Work with maintenance volunteer team to provide support to all maintenance and delivery needs.
• Performs minor job-related maintenance to ensure proper functioning of equipment, company vehicles, furniture and fixtures, buildings, plumbing and septic system, and grounds.
• Assist in ensuring that facilities comply with all local, county, and state code regulations.
• Assist with the development and implementation of procedures and processes, to ensure a consistent approach to facilities management.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the Vine Maple Place Statement of Faith.
• Be passionate about helping families overcome the trauma of homelessness.
• Possess a valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and proof of insurance.
• Maintain an acceptable background check and ability to pass a drug test.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• 4+ years of proven experience in repair and maintenance of facilities and grounds.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Computer skills: Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet navigation.
• Able to work well with others in a collaborative and respectful manner.
• Able to multi-task and deal with complexity on a frequent basis.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality.
• Sensitivity to the needs of clients, staff, and volunteers from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities or requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Phone: (425) 200-8501