Vine Maple Place
CHILD AND YOUTH PROGRAM MANAGER (CYM)
Reports To: Family Services Director
Supervises: Child and Youth program staff, volunteers
Key Relationships: Clients, Behavioral Health, Volunteers, Community Network, Staff
Effective Date: September 2022
Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week, with 2-3 evenings a week and possible weekend hours
Job Classification: Salary, Exempt
Compensation: $53,000 – $69,000, DOE; 401(k) plan; medical, dental & vision benefits; PTO: vacation, personal time and sick time
The CYM works directly with families facing homeless that have experienced trauma and adversity in order to increase family functioning, build strong relationships and ensure families leave homelessness forever. The CYM will oversee all social and emotional learning programs to establish opportunities for children and youth to gain foundations for safe and positive learning, and enhance students’ ability to succeed in school, careers and life. The CYM will plan department work and supervise and coordinate activities across program areas. The CYM will provide leadership and outcome planning to ensure that all C&Y programs deliver high quality, effective evidenced-based programs to parents and their children facing homelessness.
Due to the homelessness crisis in King County, Vine Maple Place is expanding to serve more families in need.
• Manage and administer all C&Y and family programs; administrates the defined scope and components of the C&Y programs. Ensures the evaluation of effectiveness and coordination of services.
• Oversees all programs and plans to re-establish the children’s stability and set them on the path for normal development academically, emotionally and physically.
• Monitor ongoing program outcomes to ensure goals are being achieved and programs are effective. Recommend and collaborate with Program Director on program changes, based on outcomes.
• Oversee Child and Youth program staff and daily operations.
• Ensure training and development of a qualified volunteer staff for all Child and Youth programs.
• Network and maintain contact with industry and community resources for the purpose of collaborating and learning.
• Oversee the communication and coordination of community partnerships and resources for enrichment activities, sports, camps, etc.
• Represent VMP at appropriate meetings, conferences, workshops, and other community events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the Vine Maple Place Statement of Faith.
• Be passionate about helping families overcome the trauma of homelessness.
• Maintain an acceptable background check and ability to pass a drug test.
• Solid understanding of Vine Maple Place’s mission and strategic plan.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to effectively and efficiently manage volunteers.
• Ability to independently prioritize and organize workload and special projects to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
• Self-motivated with strong organizational and project management skills.
• Personal characteristics: adaptable, organized, self-motivated, optimistic, responsible, detail-oriented, compassionate, discerning, adaptable, organized, initiator, and enthusiastic.
• Possess the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• Education in social work, counseling, or related social services field or a combination of education and/or training and/or work experience which indicates the ability to perform essential functions of the position.
• Minimum three years of providing services to at-risk and culturally diverse populations, especially families with children.
• Experience performing services such as client recruitment and assessments, records maintenance, and coordination of appointments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Possess a valid driver’s license, safe driving record, and proof of insurance.
• Computer skills: Proficient in Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet navigation.
• Able to work well with others in a collaborative and respectful manner.
• Able to multi-task and deal with complexity on a frequent basis.
• Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and confidentiality.
• Ability to respond to common inquiries and complaints from clients.
• Ability to effectively present information to supervisory and management groups.
• Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Sensitivity to the needs of clients, staff, and volunteers from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities or requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Send all Inquiries, Resumes and Cover Letters to: Info@VineMaplePlace.org
Phone: (425) 432-2119