Johnsons Home & Garden
General Purpose of Position:
Cashiers are responsible for maintaining outstanding customer service, process sales quickly, accurately and efficiently, cash register operations and safeguarding company assets.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
– Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a friendly environment, which includes greeting and acknowledging every customer, thanking every customer, solid product knowledge and all other aspects of customer service.
– Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
– Accurately and efficiently record the sale of items to the register by scanning all items while adhering to all safety and security procedures. Receives accurate payment for merchandise; makes change; processes checks, credit and debit charges according to proper departmental procedures.
– Communicate customer requests to management.
– Maintain orderly appearance of register area and supplies stocked.
– Count money in cash drawer at beginning and end of shift to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change. Orders change, cash, loans from safe when needed, notifies a manager to makes drops/deposits of excess funds to the safe.
– Receives accurate payment for merchandise; makes accurate change back to customer
– Any other tasks as assigned from time to time by any manager.
Phone: (425) 432-3384