City of MV Launches Second Round of Economic Recovery Grants for Local Businesses - Due 10/23
Posted by Erica Dial
City Launches Second Round of Economic Recovery Grant Program
Maple Valley, Wash. – October 2, 2020 – The City of Maple Valley will launch the second round of the Economic Recovery Grant Program for local businesses on Friday, October 2.
The second round of grant program funding was approved by the City Council on Monday, September 28 under Resolution R-20-1489 and is designed to support small local business and community organizations who have experienced hardship and significant loss of revenue due to the COVID-19 pandemic. These federal funds have been given to the State of Washington and King County for distribution to cities to implement recovery programs for small businesses and community organizations.
Key Eligibility Requirements
- Have been in business in Maple Valley for at least one year as of June 1, 2019 and be prepared to open as allowed by the State of Washington business re-opening criteria.
- The business is in good standing (have current business license; City taxes and fees paid; current on all State and regulatory requirements; not facing pending litigation or legal action, including Maple Valley code enforcement)
- Have a business location within Maple Valley city limits (including home occupancy businesses)
- Have a current Maple Valley business license (one application per business license)
- Have employed at least one or more full-time employees (FTE) as of March 1, 2020 which includes the business owner
- Have experienced business interruptions, closure or curtailed operations, loss of sales, or other negative financial impacts on the business due to restrictions imposed to address COVID-19
Grant applications will open on Friday, October 2 and close on Friday, October 23 at 5:00pm. Grant information can be found on the City’s website at www.maplevalleywa.gov/sbsg
For more information on the Economic Recovery Grant Program contact Tim Morgan, Economic Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (425) 413-6641.
Press Release [PDF] - 10/02/2020