Chamber Alert - Get the tools you need to reopen safely now at new AWB web portal
Posted by Erica Dial
Today AWB launched a new website aimed at helping Washington businesses safely welcome back employees and customers.
The website features two main elements:
- An online portal tailored for small businesses called PPE Connect that connects Washington businesses with “Made in Washington” manufacturers of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- A Business Toolkit to help prepare physical spaces for reopening and assist in communicating new health and safety protocols with employees and customers.
The site is free to use and available to all Washington businesses. If you are currently in the process of preparing to reopen as part of Phase 2 and need help, this new AWB web portal is a valuable resource.
You can see the new website at www.reboundandrecovery.org.
As more counties move to Phase 2 of the state’s Safe Start plan and as more parts of Washington’s economy come back to life, AWB recognized that employers would need help locating personal protective equipment like face masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer.
This is both an urgent need and, we expect, an ongoing need as we adjust to a “new normal.” The new website makes it easy for employers to not only find the PPE they need, but also to support Washington manufacturers of these products and keep Washington manufacturing employees at work.
Approximately 40 manufacturers are listed in the database at launch, but the number of manufacturers and types of products available is growing. If your company is manufacturing PPE and you wish to be included in the database, please submit information at www.bit.ly/awbppeform.
The Business Toolkit is geared toward small and medium-sized businesses and includes downloadable, customizable templates that employers can use to create personalized messages for employees and customers. It’s a practical, useful tool for businesses that aren’t sure where to go to find out what procedures they must take to reopen, or how best to communicate the steps they have taken with employees and customers.
The major elements of the toolkit include templates for creating:
- A Safe Work Plan
- Posters or handouts to help you share information about the new COVID-19 requirements for your business
- Employee training video
- Employee and visitor logs
- Floor stickers
- Social media posts
- Letters, emails and website copy
Feel free to share this website with other business owners!