Vine Maple Place
BEHAVIORAL HEALTH THERAPIST
Reports To: Behavioral Health Manager
Location: Maple Valley or Kent
Effective Date: January 2023
Hours: Full-time, 36-40hrs, with some evening and possible weekend shifts
Job Classification: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Compensation: LMHC or LMFT: $28 – $35 per hour, DOE;
LMHCA $26 – $30.50 per hour, DOE
401(k) plan; medical, dental & vision benefits; PTO: vacation, personal time and sick time
Due to the homelessness crisis facing so many families and children, VMP has expanded to serve more families in need and now operates two Family Hope Centers (FHC), each offering extensive resources. Join the growing Behavioral Health Team and enjoy the positive and energetic work environment, great benefits and an organization committed to professional growth.
The Behavioral Health Therapist works with marginalized clients who are homeless or at risk of becoming homeless, and have experienced toxic stress, domestic violence, abuse and/or neglect. The Therapist works with VMP clients in a variety of settings, including both adults and youth in individual, family and group counseling. The Therapist will also teach life-skills classes to adult clients, and train volunteers and staff in trauma-informed care and trauma stewardship. This role is a foundational part of the success of vulnerable and homeless single-parent families reaching their goal of self-sufficiency and stable housing while in the program.
• Work involves adults, youth and children.
• Partner with the VMP Team to identify mental health needs and assist with care by referral, or counseling clients in individual, family or group services.
• Facilitate life-skills classes, trauma-informed care with staff and volunteers, and trauma stewardship with staff.
• Document client attendances using VMP data collection systems.
• Use trauma-informed practices in all areas of client interaction.
• Communicate, to the Behavioral Health Manager, any perceived risks or discrepancies with VMP clients.
• Attend evidence-based trainings to support work as a Therapist to VMP clients.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the Vine Maple Place Statement of Faith.
• Be passionate about helping families overcome the trauma of homelessness.
• Strong oral, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to address higher needs of clients in crisis.
• Ability to independently prioritize and organize workload and special projects to meet deadlines.
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
• Possess the ability to handle confidential and sensitive information.
• Maintain an acceptable background check and ability to pass a drug test.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
• MA Degree in Behavioral Sciences field.
• LMFT or LMHC preferred; LMHCA acceptable.
• Minimum two years of experience in mental health field preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to use online platforms for classes.
• Comfortable with culturally-diverse populations.
• Sensitivity to the needs of clients, staff and volunteers from diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
The above is intended to describe the general content of, and the requirements for, satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities or requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned.
Phone: (253) 737-8214