City of Maple Valley
The City of Maple Valley Parks & Recreation Department seeks to hire an Adult Tennis League Coordinator for the 2021 Summer Season at beautiful Lake Wilderness Park. Under the direction of the Recreation Manager this position will provide coordination of the Adult Tennis League and may perform other recreation duties as assigned.
Among other job responsibilities, this position will:
• Performs the duties of the assignment (Coordination of the T/TH evening Adult Tennis League)
• Under the supervision and approval of the Recreation Manager, organizes and supervises the Adult Tennis League for the city
• Coordinates as necessary with participants, school district personnel and the general public regarding program operations (Adult Tennis League coordination requires email communication with participants throughout the season)
• Establishes and maintains good public relations with staff and participating public
• Maintains records including timesheets, weekly attendance reports, pandemic sheets, volunteer registrations, accident reports
• Responds calmly and effectively when communicating with appropriate authorities in emergency situations
Education, Experience & Special Requirements:
(Please view the full job description for a complete list)
• Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
• Current First Aid/CPR certification required
• Ability to implement a quality tennis league required
• Ability to work positively with various age groups, particularly older adults
• Minimum 1 year of tennis experience in a leadership role preferred
• Must be able to pass a criminal history background check as required by law
• Available to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings, weekends and split shifts
• Ability to work the complete season and attend all staff meetings; i.e. orientation, etc. preferred
The work hours for this position can vary from week to week due to registration levels and additional optional duties as assigned. This position requires working Tuesday & Thursday evenings from approximately 6:00 – 9:00pm from early July – late August. This position is scheduled to work less than 5 months per year and is FLSA non-exempt, eligible for overtime compensation. $15.00-$18.00 per hour, DOE.
A City of Maple Valley Application for Employment must be submitted. Applications may be submitted through the website. If you require an application and full job description to be sent to you, please email email@example.com
Position open until filled.
The City of Maple Valley is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to creating a diverse environment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment.