Future Ready - Connecting Tahoma Students with Jobs
The Maple Valley-Black Diamond Chamber of Commerce is collaborating with the Tahoma School District in preparing students for the work place and to explore a wide variety of career paths.
- If you are student looking for a part-time job, take this quick survey first to evaluate your work-readiness. If after taking the survey, you believe yourself to be work-ready, explore the current Job Postings.
- If you are a business and have a job opportunity, please send the job posting information to email@example.com
Do your homework before applying for any job!
- Take a self-evaluation survey to determine your work-readiness and availability.
- Know the restrictions placed on teens under the age of 18 - see the information below.
- Know the name of the owner, general manager, and/or the contact person at the business in which you are applying.
- Know the position and job description for the job in which you are applying.
- Take your resume to a business you would like to work at even if it is not currently hiring; ask that your resume be kept on hand for future job opportunities.
- How to write a resume
- Enter the business alone; do not take a friend or relative with you and dress appropriately - first impressions are important.
Read more information from the State Of Washington Department of Labor & Industries
For Students: Current Job Postings
Resuming in the Fall of 2015 at Tahoma High School:
A job shadow is a great opportunity for THS seniors to learn more about a career and a chance to practice interacting with adults in a professional setting. If you are interested in hosting a Tahoma senior for a four hour job shadow, please click on the link below. Your contact information will be added to the THS Job Shadow Resource List. This list is monitored by the THS Career Counselor and is NOT made public to the students. Before giving your contact information to a student, the THS Career Counselor will screen the student to make sure he/she has an interest in your career area.
Career Spotlight Presentations
Business members who are passionate about their career are invited to do a 30 minute presentation at the high school. Please complete the Career Spotlight form below and you will be contacted during the school year to schedule a presentation date.
Recieve updates from Maple Valley COC.
Sep 23, 2017 - 9:00 am - 2:00 pmMaple Valley Farmers' Market
Sep 30, 2017 - 9:00 am - 2:00 pmMaple Valley Farmers' Market
Sep 30, 2017 - 9:00 am - 2:00 pmCommunity Emergency Preparedness Fair 2017
- View More Events
Volunteers Needed for American Cancer Society Relay For Life of Black Diamond, Covington, Maple Valley
Black Diamond/Covington/Maple Valley, WA -The American Cancer Society is seeking volunteers in Black Diamond, Covington, and Maple Valley to be a part of the annual Relay For Life event scheduled for May 20th, 2017. Community volunteers lead and organize each local event with the support of Society staff. From assisting with planning the annual event to taking part the day-of, there are various volunteer opportunities for interested community members.
Interested community members are welcome to 2017 Event Lead, Jenene Wilmoth, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Relay For Life program is a community-based event where teams and individuals come together at a school, park, or fairground and take turns walking or running around a track or path. Each team participates in raising funds to support the American Cancer Society’s mission to finish the fight against cancer. Our local event takes place at Cedar Heights Middle School starting at 11am and ending at 11pm.
"The Relay For Life movement is all about our community uniting to finish the fight against cancer," said Jenene Wilmoth, Event Lead. "We rely on the support of volunteers to help make the Black Diamond/Covington/Maple Valley event a success.”